Friday, May 30, 2014

The Loot Bag Dilema

Do you cringe when your child goes to a birthday party and comes home with a bag of candy or Dollar Store junk? Sorry, I do !! And equally,  I hate to give it to anyone else . So what do you do then? Over the years ( 7 to be exact), I've tried diligently to come up with some creative ways to give a take away favor that both the parent and child will be happy with . Recently, a customer had me create some chalk mats and bibs for her son's 1st Birthday Party . What a brilliant idea. The party theme was Batman and there would be both boys and girls so we decided to do Wonder Woman /Super Hero for the girls and Batman for the Boys . There were going to be a couple of little ones too, so for them , we went with Bibs! Here is how they turned out 
Some other great ideas include giving each child a reusable snack bags and put a couple of treats in the bag . I made these recently for my daughters 4 th Birthday , which was a carnival theme
In the past , I made pj pants for my daughter's GLOW BOWLING party. The parents loved these, the kids liked them but still asked for a loot bag ( haha ) and the fun part was they also glowed in the dark ! 
For my youngest daughters 2nd Birthday, it was rainbow themed .this is what I came up with 


Little buckets filled with notepads and crayons and some chocolate coins . And finally, my 7 year old did a Spa themed party this year. Each girl got a cute little zippered bag with a pedicure set . They  also decorated flip flops with ribbons , which they took home too.
There are so many creative ways to give a little something  thoughtfull to your guests without breaking the bank. If you are a DIY kinda person , go for it, if not , consider asking a local, handmade,  small business to help you out. Most will give you a good price if you are buying multiples. I will always work out a good deal for my customers . I hope I've inspired you to break free of the Dollar Store and solve the Loot Bag Dilema 



No comments:

Post a Comment